The Wichita Appraisal District (WAD) is a political subdivision of the state with the responsibility of appraising property in Wichita County for ad valorem tax purposes for each taxing unit that imposes ad valorem taxes on property.
WAD is governed by a nine member board of directors made up of representatives from the taxing jurisdictions as follows:
- Wichita County (one member)
- City of Wichita Falls (two members)
- Wichita Falls ISD (two members)
- City of Burkburnett and Burkburnett ISD (share one member)
- City of Iowa Park and Iowa Park CISD (share one member)
- City of Electra, Electra ISD and Electra Hospital District (share one member)
- Wichita County and City View ISD (share one member)
In addition, the Wichita County Tax Assessor-Collector is an ex-officio member of the board of directors.
Effective January 1, 2014, members of the Appraisal Review Board (ARB) will be appointed by the Wichita County administrative district judge. The ARB consists of fourteen members who serve 2 year staggered terms. ARB members can be reappointed after serving three terms after sitting out one year.